Recreation

Sometimes you create a piece that you love entirely.  Often these are done spur of the moment, in a hasty frenzy to get your ideas out onto the page.  They are a little bit sloppy and your lines aren't all straight, but none the less you love the piece of art, flaws and all.  Recently I was looking through some of my old artwork and I found a piece of mine that fits all of this criteria.  Since I love the piece so much I decided that I was going to recreate it.  I decided to take my time, put it on canvas, and truly capture it in all its glory and wonder. This process took quite a while and I found myself wondering if it was worth all the time and effort I was putting into the project.  However, once I had completed the new and improved version of my original piece all regrets immediately left and I found myself loving my old and new idea more than ever. Below are both the old and new version of my piece Polar Identity.


(old version of piece)




(new version of piece)



Comments

Popular Posts